If you live in an apartment, you may not have much control over your indoor air. Other than being able to control the thermostat or whether a window is open or closed, an air purifier can be your best chance to take control of your apartment’s air.
Uses for an Apartment Air Purifier
The benefit of using an air purifier in any indoor space is to reduce the indoor air pollutants and distribute cleaner air around it. In an apartment, air purifiers help to reduce odors, smoke, volatile organic compounds, mold, allergens, and pet dander, hair and odors, whether they come from your own apartment or your neighbors’ apartment.
- Odors. Leaving the trash out for too long or burning something in the kitchen takes over the air in an apartment much quicker due to its size and lower levels of ventilation available. Using an air purifier will help to eliminate unwanted or lingering odors. TruSens Air Purifiers paired with the Specialty Odor Filter helps eliminate odors in your apartment.
- Smoke. Cigarette smoke in your apartment can leave a bad smell and pollutants present in the air. Whether sourced from you, your roommate, or a neighbor, an air purifier can help to reduce the odors and airborne pollutants from cigarette smoke.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). VOCs are airborne chemical pollutants that can be sourced from certain cleaning supplies, paints, and new furniture. Cleaning your apartment regularly with certain supplies will continually release VOCs into your apartment. If you have recently received new furniture and/or have painted, these both have the potential to release VOCs into your apartment’s air. Using an air purifier in your apartment will help to reduce VOCs from the indoor air.
- Mold. Common areas for mold growth include the kitchen and bathroom due to their potential for moisture. In an apartment, these two locations are near the rest of the rooms and living spaces. Air purifiers help to reduce mold spores in the air before mold growth begins.
- Allergens. For those with allergies, reducing the number of allergens from the air in your apartment is a priority. While there are many ways to reduce allergens from your apartment, there are also many ways they can make their way into the indoor air. Air purifiers help to reduce allergens from your indoor air. TruSens additionally offers a specialty Allergy & Flu filter that, paired with a TruSens Air Purifier, helps to capture 99% of airborne allergens and viruses.
- Pet dander, hair, and odors. If you have a pet such as a dog, cat, or hamster, they can contribute to poor indoor air quality. While vacuuming, dusting, and bathing your pets may help, so do air purifiers. Using an air purifier will help to reduce dander, hair, and odor that your pets release into your apartment’s air. Using a TruSens Air Purifier and Specialty Pet Filter helps capture up to 99.97% of pet dander and hair and helps eliminate common pet odors.
Choosing the Right Air Purifier and Filter for Your Apartment
Choosing the right air purifier for your apartment will depend on your apartment’s size and why you’re interested in purchasing an air purifier. As mentioned, there are several reasons you may want to consider using an air purifier in your apartment.
When choosing the air purifier to best suite your needs, consider the following:
- Size. TruSens air purifiers come in multiple sizes in order to fit each room size. In order to determine the size air purifier that you need, you will need to determine which room and the room’s size. TruSens Air Purifiers are designed to clean the air within a single room or space. Therefore, unless you live in a studio apartment that meets the recommended room size, one will not be sufficient for the entire apartment. However, all TruSens Air Purifiers come with a handle for easy room-to-room portability.
- Model of Air Purifier. TruSens is always looking to further innovate and meet the needs of our customers. With this, we have multiple versions of the TruSens Air Purifier available.
- Filters. Customize your air purification with the TruSens Specialty Filters. Specialty filters address specific indoor air quality needs of your apartment. These specialty filters include the Allergy & Flu Filter, Pet Filter, and Odor Filter.
Find information on all TruSens Air Purifiers and TruSens Specialty Filters.
Air Purifier Placement
Placement of the air purifier within your apartment is important to pay attention to, especially if you do not own more than one. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), users should “place portable air cleaners so that their clean air reaches the breathing zone of occupants as directly as possible, without obstruction from furnishings or addition to furnishings or addition of fine particles by common sources such as printers”
The air purifier placement should also be determined by your needs. For example, if your main concern or reasoning to purchase an air purifier for your apartment is for smells within the kitchen, use it in the kitchen.